* Remove any debris from the top of the cover. A leaf net or rake is the perfect tool for this job.
• Drain as much water off the top of your cover as possible. Using a submersible pump makes this step a breeze. Just make sure to only pump water from the cover and not the pool.
• Clean the cover with a vinyl cover cleaner. After cleaning and drying both sides of the cover, sprinkle Alkalinity Up on the cover to help prevent mold and mildew. Fold the cover loosely, and store it in a cool dry place.
• Follow all manufacturers’ instructions to re-connect your pump, filter and heater. Make sure all drain plugs are replaced.
• Lubricate all o-rings with Magic Lube.
Raise the water level to its normal level which should be to about the middle of the skimmer opening or midway up the tile. (If you closed with Parrot Bay we probably used special tools so your water isn’t drained. Lucky you! You can skip this step.)
Use the following steps to clean your pool:
1. Skim the Surface
2. Clean the tile or vinyl sides
3. Brush the pool
4. Check the skimmer and pump strainer baskets
5. Vacuum the pool
6. Service the filter
7. Rinse the deck
If total alkalinity is higher than 180 ppm, it must be lowered. Acid will lower Total Alkalinity. If the Total Alkalinity is below 80 ppm, it must be raised. Alkalinity Up will raise the Total Alkalinity. Once the Total Alkalinity is in the proper range of 80 – 120 ppm , the pH should then be adjusted to fall within the range of 7.4 – 7.6. If you have adjusted the Total Alkalinity first, the pH should be close to the proper range.
We carry chlorine and non-chlorine oxidizers in various strengths for every pool size and type.
To prevent rapid loss of chlorine due to the suns UV rays, add Instant Conditioner.
Proper levels of sanitizer in your pool should be 1-4 ppm for chlorine.
Add an algaecide to either clean up any algae that exists in your pool, or as a preventative measure to keep your water algae free. Algae Control is a great choice for any pool. We also carry a large selection of enzyme based algae controls.
The easiest and most economical way to start up your pool each spring is to use a Start-Up kit. We include everything you need for a successful pool opening. Save over 20% compared to purchasing the components separately!
Want Us to Handle it for You?
Parrot Bay offers swimming pool opening and cleaning services. Fill in Service Request Form or call us for scheduling. 910-429-0086.